What is cannabis?
This is a drug from a cannabis plant. Many people uses various names such as marijuana, dope, pot, weed among others to refer to it. The product comes from leaves, dried flower tops, stems, seeds from the cannabis sativa plant. In case you are considering using the plant, it’s always advisable to check its legality status in the state you are residing.
Various ways of consuming pot:
- Vaping or smoking it
- Using it within food
- Brewing it as tea
- In form of edibles, such as candies
Why Use Cannabis?
Many facts can be drawn to justify why weed is beneficial for your health and even why it should be legalized.
Cannabis is widely used for various medical purposes. With reference to National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine , evidence has been drawn that cannabis can help mitigate:
- Vomiting and nausea resulting from chemotherapy treatment
- Chronic pain in adults
- Symptoms of multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep problems relating to sleep apnea
Herb is also be used to maintain focus as it promote productivity directly and relieve anxiety. Through its use, you will get a feeling of calmness reducing your stress levels. This is one of the reasons its used for meditation.
Most people try the herb to get “High”. The main psychoactive component, Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) triggers the part of your brain that responds to pleasure, like sex. The dopamine is then unleashed, giving you a relaxed, calm, euphoric feeling.
Some of the religions use the plant for spiritual purposes. They believe it can prolong your life; help you achieve the balance in life through meditation among others. Other religions use it as incense and when thrown on fire, people would inhale the smoke. This enhances perception of sounds, colors, and passage of time, strengthening their belief that they are in touch with their deity.
Its of your benefit to know some of the risks associated with smoking the herb
- Testicular cancer: A 2018 case study highlighted that using the herb more than 50 times in a lifetime may increase the risk of testicular cancer. Whaaaat.
- Impaired judgement: A 2012 case study reported that there are higher chances to have a road accident when driving within 3 hours of consuming it.
- Memory loss: one case study found that most smokers stains (gets stranded) have a higher risk of acute memory loss.
In as much as you may have love for cannabis its good to draw the benefits and the risks. Go with what out ways the other. A nature walk is the preferred environment to smoke, away from public and it is efficient to meditate. Smoke safe.